How Evans defied prophet’s warning days before arrest

How Evans defied prophet’s warning days before arrest


Thirty-six more phones lines have been recovered from suspected billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans.

This is coming at a time the kindnap kingpin’s encounter with a prophet has been exposed.

Evans was arrested by operatives of the Inspector-General Of Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT), at his mansion on 3, Fred Shogboyede Street, Magodo Estate, Lagos.

A senior police officer who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said: “More discoveries have been made during investigation. On Wednesday, we discovered that Evans still had 36 more SIM cards outside the 126 lines we already have.
He has 11 phones, including Thuraya and Vertu. The phones are valued at N2.4 million and N2.6 million, respectively.

That was why it was very difficult to arrest him because the two phones can operate without SIM cards. That is the kind of phone the Boko Haram terrorist group is using in the desert.All the lines are operational lines, except one that is for his immediate  family. We are working on the  new lines and phones. So far, I can tell you that all the I6I lines are operational ones.”

A family source close to Evans who does not want his name in print said a prophet warned him about impending danger. Said he: “I saw him at the ASPAMDA market, Trade Fair market, Lagos. I was telling him about the rumours making the rounds that he was a kidnapper, but he denied it, telling me that the allegation was a lie. Well, as we were talking, a prominent prophet walked in and warned him about impending danger. Evans still denied that he was doing something dubious. He told the prophet that he came to the market to see an importer who was bringing in some goods from China.

“The man of God told him to give up crime and give his life to Christ, but he said he had already given his life to Christ who has been blessing his business. While walking away, he told me to disregard his enemies who had been tarnishing his good name.The man of God shook his head and said something
terrible would befall him.

“Evans is a brother, but we were all suspecting him and he was not associating with us. When I saw him in the market, he was talking softly as a good man. I asked why he was not visiting home and coming for family meetings in Lagos. He wanted to explain before the prophet came in. If only he had repented, maybe God would have saved him. Well, he has committed evil, but blood is still blood.”

A police source corroborated the story of Evans going to ASPAMDA market saying: “It is the truth. Evans went to the market to check on the next victim. We also discovered that he visited some social events the same week looking for those to kidnap.”

Evans yesterday shed tears, weeping uncontrollably, blaming his woes on his native doctor, who claimed to have fortified him against danger.
Angry Evans said: “My juju man said that I was like the wind that can never be seen. I trusted him, but see how I was picked like a common criminal. If I have my way, the juju man will pay for his sins.”

The Lagos State Police Command recently stormed Evans’ criminal hideouts at the Igando area of Lagos, where cache of arms and ammunition and other items were recovered.

Evans had been elusive for over six years after the attempted kidnap of Young Shall Grow Motor’s boss, Chief Vincent Obianodo, at FESTAC Town, Lagos. A police detail attached to the transport magnate was shot dead while three of Evans’ gang members lost their lives in the attack.

Obianodo was flown abroad following gunshot injuries he sustained during the attack.

The Inspector-General of Police ,Mr Ibrahim who was not happy with the delay in the arrest of Evans ,ordered IRT ,led by ACP Abba Kyari ,to fish him out.IRT arrested Evans and some his gang members .